PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
One of the most vulnerable travelers on the road is the bicyclist. Because the bicyclist is frequently moving in the midst of motor vehicles, most bicycle accidents are the result of the cyclist being hit by a car or truck. Even the most cautious and careful bicyclist may become the victim of a serious accident. There are several causes of bicyclist injuries and fatalities.
The following are some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents:
- Contact the police
- Automotive hit and run accidents
- Bicyclist being crowded off the road
- Failure of the motor vehicle to come to a complete stop at an intersection
- Hitting potholes and roadway debris
- Car doors being suddenly opened in the path of a bicyclist
- Poor street lighting
- Unsafe guard rails on curves
- Drunk, negligent, or distracted drivers
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident where you were not at fault, you may be overwhelmed by the challenges ahead. These few basic steps will help you deal with the after-effects of an accident:
- Get medical attention
- Take pictures of your injuries
- Take pictures of the accident scene and property damage, if possible
- Contact Mineo & Associates
- Let Mineo & Associates handle all communication with the insurance companies.
If claims will be filed against another party for reasons of fault or negligence, it is important for you to follow these guidelines. You will want to refrain from saying or doing anything that can compromise your claim.